1st Book Review Contest: Biography of
The Center for Information
on Korean Culture (CIKC), a branch of
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS),
is a leader in promoting knowledge and
interest about Korea and its people.
As such, it is holding its first book
review contest on biography of great
Koreans. The goal of this contest is
to provide elementary school students
of New York and New Jersey with an opportunity
to get to know the history and culture
1. Due date: July 1 - August 31, 2008.
2. Eligibility: All elementary school
students in NY and NJ.
3. How to participate:
Read and write a book review on one
of the following three books:
Jang Bo-go, Jang Yeong-sil, Ahn Chang-ho
or Yu Gwan-sun.
※ These books are available for check-out
at public libraries and elementary school
4. Submit book review via mail or e-mail.
● Mailing address:
The Center for Information on Korean
Culture, Unjung-gwan #111
The Academy of Korean Studies
110 Haogogae-gil, Bundang-gu,
Republic of Korea 463-791
● E-mail address: email@example.com
※ Please include contestant's name,
age, school name, mailing address, telephone
number, and e-mail address.
5. A list of contest winners will be
posted on CIKC homepage on October 1,
2008. Also, individual notification
will be sent to winners.
6. Contest prizes:
● 1st prize: Laptop computer (1 winner)
● 2nd prize: Digital camera (3 winners)
● 3rd prize: MP3 player (10 winners)
※ All contestants will be given a
7. For detailed information, please